Donate Now Donations via Pay Pal are forwarded to
East Central Ministries,
a charitable organization. You will be mailed a tax deductible receipt.
SAMARITAN SERVICESCommunity involvement with those in need.
What is Samaritan Services?
- It is a community outreach program of East Central Ministries.
Samaritan Services endeavors to respond to these words from Apostle James in
the New Testament: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless
is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself
from being polluted by the world (James 1:27).
What kind of services are provided?
- essential carpentry repairs and maintenance
- essential repairs and maintenance on plumbing, heating, and electrical systems
- accessibility improvements
- other projects may be included by approval
Who qualifies for the services?
- Women in the Albuquerque area who do not have the financial means to pay for
the services, and can answer yes to one of the following questions:
- Are you a widow?
- Are you a single mother?
- Are you a woman whose husband is currently deployed?
- Do you provide care to children who are not living with their parents?
- First priority is given to the area in and near the boundaries of Louisiana
to Wyoming and Lomas to Kirtland Air Force Base.
What kind of services cannot be provided?
- work that is cosmetic or not essential
- major projects
- cleaning, yard work
- repairs that are the responsibility of landlords, unless otherwise approved
- work that requires a permit or special license
How long will it take to get the services?
- On a first come, first serve basis, and as the labor is donated.
What does it cost?
- Labor is donated, there is no charge for labor.
- Materials used in the repairs will be the responsibility of the applicant for
such services. The applicant shall reimburse the service provider for materials
at the time services are provided.
- In some cases materials may be donated by our suppliers.
- Applicants will be asked to make whatever donation they are able to.
- Send an email to andy@LeeCon.us, or call Andy Lee 332-2322, extension 3 (he is the volunteer coordinator for East Central Ministries on this
community outreach program – he will respond to you) to find out if you are eligible for this program. He will also provide you the required Application for Services for you to sign.
Please provide the answers to the below questions in your email (or during your phone call) to us.
You will be qualified for Samaritan Services over the phone with the following questions:
- If the answer to either of the first two questions is yes, this person is not eligible for Samaritan Services.
1. Are you financially able to pay for essential repairs on your home?
2. Do you have family members or friends who are able to do this work for you?
- If the answer to any of questions three through six is yes, this person is eligible for Samaritan Services.
3. Are you a widow?
4. Are you a single mother?
5. Are you a woman whose husband is currently deployed?
6. Do you provide care to children who are not living with their parents?
7. The majority of the volunteers providing
services are professional craftsmen and technicians. The market value of the
services provided ranges from $50 per hour to $95 per hour. In order to provide
these services to as many as people as possible, we ask, "Are you able
to make a contribution to East Central Ministries?", and, "What
amount do you expect to contribute?" The application for services you
will need to sign will address this matter further.
8. What kind of work do you need done?
9. Please provide your address and phone number.
10. What are the major cross streets near your home?